Ingredients for White Chicken Enchiladas:
- 10 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 cups Colby & Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (4oz) can of diced green chilies
How to make White Chicken Enchiladas
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 pan or any baking dish.
2. Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese. Roll up tortillas and place into the prepared pan.
Note: I used a traditional rotisserie to shred the chicken.
3. In a saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour and cook for 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth.
Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
4. Stir in sour cream and chilies. Do not bring to boil. You don’t want curdled sour cream.
5. Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese. Bake for 20 min; then under high broil for three additional minutes to brown the cheese.
This article and recipe adapted from this site