- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 3 sticks celery finely chopped
- 3 large carrots peeled & sliced or chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 dashes Italian seasoning
- 2 cups cooked chicken (or more, to taste)
- 1 (25 ounce) package cheese tortellini
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Chopped parsley to taste
- Chop your onion. Add it to a large soup pot along with the olive oil. Sauté over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes (ok if onion lightly browns).
- Meanwhile, chop the celery and carrots, then add them to the pot along with the garlic. Give it a good stir and cook for a couple minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, water, and Italian seasoning. Increase the heat to high, and once it starts to boil, reduce the heat to a rapid simmer and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken and tortellini to the pot. Increase the heat to medium-high and let the soup cook for another 10 minutes or so. If it starts to boil furiously, you may need to turn the heat down again.
- Season with salt & pepper as needed and garnish with the chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
This article and recipe adapted from this site