- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cleaned + cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 cups steamed broccoli or green beans
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2.5 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger***
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a large frying pan, cook the cubed chicken in the toasted sesame oil until the edges are brown and slightly crispy (Approx 5-10 minutes)
- As the chicken is cooking, stir together the sauce mixture in a separate bowl
- Once the chicken is thoroughly cooked remove it from the pan and place it off to the side in a separate bowl.
- Pour the sauce mixture into the same pan you cooked the chicken in.
- Bring the sauce mixture to a boil for 15-20 minutes, stirring every minute or so until it starts to thicken. (You will know it has thickened when you scrape the pan and it pulls away from the pan)
- When the sauce thickens, add the cooked chicken back in + stir to coat the chicken
- Serve over steamed broccoli or green beans for a paleo option, or rice/quinoa.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds + enjoy!
- *** If substituting ground ginger for fresh ginger, cut the amount in 1/4 to 1/4 tablespoon.
This article and recipe adapted from this site